Visit our Anodyne® Neuropathy Care Center™
Active Rehab Center is the Anodyne Neuropathy Care Center that offers help for patients with diabetic neuropathy, peripheral neuropathy and chronic non-healing wounds.
Anodyne Therapy helps to:
- improve sensation in affected areas
- reduce pain
- reduce in pain medications
- improve wound healing in chronic non-healing wounds
- prevent amputations in affected areas
Therapy may include any or all of the following interventions, depending on the patients’ particular needs:
- Anodyne Therapy to temporarily reduce pain and increase circulation to impaired tissues and nerves
- Stretching and strengthening exercises
- Dynamic and static balance exercises
- Manual Therapy and Massage
- Other therapeutic modalities like: US, EMS, Whirlpool etc
- Sensory integrative techniques
*Anodyne is not for everyone. If you are pregnant or have an active cancer, there are special cautions when using this therapy. Anodyne may be safely used with metal implants, pins and screws, pacemakers and defibrillators.
How does the therapy work?
Most patients say that Anodyne Therapy feels warm and soothing. Others say they feel some tingling and pulsing. This is normal as blood flow returns to the area. Some patients respond very quickly in our comprehensive program, while others take longer based on their degree of impairment. We will work with your as long as you are willing and we can continue to show that your condition is improving.
Pain is often the first symptom to improve in our program, while functional improvement may take more therapy. The first study examined 784 patients with chronic pain who were unresponsive to ultrasound, electrical stimulation, hot packs and medications. Nearly 89% of the patients had excellent to total pain relief within twelve 45-minute Anodyne Therapy sessions. As the study show, while not every patient experiences pain relief, the vast majority do.